Rod Bockenfeld is a fiscally responsible, proven leader who plans for our future.
- Ensures that growth pays its own way.
- Structurally balanced the county’s budget during his
first term and has maintained that balance through the
- Has built and maintained strong general fund balances over
his eight years in office.
- Regularly challenges wasteful spending.
- Led the charge of establishing efficiencies in county government
by instituting performance management initiatives in order to
avoid tax increases.
- Elected and served as Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners for three terms.
- Elected Chairman of the Denver Regional
Council of Governments (DRCOG) in 2010.
- Appointed by three different governors to serve on a state board.
- Appointed by leadership of the National Association of Counties to serve as the chairman of the Fiscal Policy Subcommittee.
- Appointed by the National Association of Counties to a National Performance Management Advisory Committee.
- Executive Committee member of the Aurora Economic Development Council.
- Honored by the Aurora Chamber of Commerce as the Man of The Year for 2010.
Plans for Our Future
- Understands that the single most powerful economic tool is low taxes.
- Protects private property rights and the rights of individuals.
- Promotes tele-work to enhance the quality of life in rural communities.
- Encourages entrepreneurship to create more jobs.
- Fights to protect the free enterprise system.
- Understands that small business development is the backbone of our community.
- Tough on crime.
- Protects our home values by developing renewable water resources.
- Keeps checks and balances in government.
- Makes sure airports remain good neighbors.
- Supports and fully funds Sheriff’s emergency preparedness initiatives.
- Reduces government to the lowest practical level.
- Promotes regional planning through the Denver Regional Council of Governments.
- Promotes more open space, trails and parks in urbanized areas.
- Supports early childhood development initiatives.
- Encourages faith-based initiatives.
- Supports Green initiatives that make economic sense.